I have not left the house much and have been prepping for some camping someday. I saw a video on YouTube of a guy who had made for him from Bert Taylor the designer and builder of my vistabule teardrop this cool fender shelf. So I figured I would give it a try with some left over wood flooring and parts from my roof rack. The version Bert did is light years better than mine, but thanks for the inspiration.
Simple material list.
- 4 inch tongue and groove planks (4) about 2ft long
- Gorilla glue or other strong bond adhesive
- 4 fastening elements that won’t scratch or damage the fenders I used blocks and foam packaging cut and glue to fit the blocks
- Screws that will not go through the wood, .5inch wood screws
- 4 bungies that will be at tension when connected to the base blocks
So take the two planks and glue them together tongue and groove. Be generous with the glue. Then pre-drill holes in the wood lined up with the plastic blocks. Screw in the screws slowly. Then drill through the sides for the bungie to connect.
I need to weather proof these, and install the magnets.